We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States. Once it is safe to do so, you’ll be welcome to work from our San Francisco office as well, if that is what you prefer.)
Archipelago is a fast growing start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech and finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts.
This position will be an important and impactful member of the marketing team. We are looking for a seasoned copywriter with robust conceptual and creative experience that can write clear and concise copy for ads, brochures, emails, white-papers, videos and our website. Your words will inform and engage target audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and creative writer with an eye for detail and a gift for storytelling. If you can grasp project requirements quickly, commercialize complex concepts and processes for the mass market and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop a strategic brand voice that strengthens Archipelago’s brand and platform offering.
- Flex from writer to editor as you collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to develop result-driven messaging across all marketing and product touch points.
- Leverage research, insights, data and relative trends to define writing best practices and copy guidelines.
- Build a deep knowledge of our brand and become the go-to messaging source for all things pro & customer acquisition.
- 5+ years’ proven experience copywriting in marketing, communications or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Ability to collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns, digital ads and landing pages)
- Comfortable performing high-quality research and interviews
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A strong portfolio of work that details your specific involvement in the projects presented
- A passion for storytelling and someone who understands what provokes others to think and feel about something in a new way
- A demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment. You have experience writing multiple pieces with clear and creative copy simultaneously while maintaining tone, voice, and quality.
- Experience in the Data / Analytics / BI/ Risk Management spaces is a big plus.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices