We're looking for someone to own, write and manage documentation for the Archipelago SaaS platform for both internal and external users. This is a crucial role to which we are looking to bring structure and excellence to our documentation and training efforts, and help us deliver on our goals.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively, across teams & timezones, and helping us define our product culture. You’ll have significant impact, since the platform & team are in their early stages.
- Own and manage documentation for the Archipelago SaaS platform
- Author, edit, and review product documentation (such as user manuals, how-tos, tutorials, FAQs, release notes, and technical references/APIs)
- Organize and structure documentation according to audience and point of access
- Develop documentation templates
- Manage collaboration with internal teams, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing
- Provide guidance on the best documentation tools/platforms and processes to achieve our goals
- Train internal and external users on platform usage
- Be an active participant in the product design conversations
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer for a SaaS product, or similar experience
- Some experience training internal/external users in product usage
- Impeccable writing & technical writing skills
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to learn new concepts and tools quickly
- Experience selecting, configuring and managing a modern documentation platform (e.g., GitBook, Archbee, Bit.ai, etc.)
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill
- Familiarity with coding languages, frameworks, and API documentation a plus
- Experience with Markdown, Git and GitHub a plus
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
- We offer a full benefits package, including medical/vision/dental, 401(k), work-from-home budget, etc. — depending on location
- Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we’ve been a distributed company from the start; work remotely anywhere in the United States
Archipelago is a Silicon Valley start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our platform enables large real estate owners, managers, brokers & insurance carriers to efficiently map their portfolio, manage their risks, and underwrite them, through a mix of machine learning and human intelligence. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several rounds of VC funding, and currently employ over a hundred people across the US & Europe.
We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States. Once it is safe to do so, you’ll be welcome to work from our San Francisco office as well, if that is what you prefer.)