We’re only able to consider
applicants based in the United States or Canada at this time. (You can work remotely
anywhere in the United States, Canada, or from one of our offices in San Francisco or
We are looking for
an experienced lead backend developer comfortable designing, developing &
maintaining complex data services, with a focus on flexibility and developer
experience. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented,
passionate, and mission-driven group. We iterate quickly, ship every week,
build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who
want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Build, deploy and iterate on new features and capabilities of the Archipelago SaaS API platform stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers, design, and product to build out new capabilities and designs.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, implementation and unit testing
- Take on a lead role in requirements gathering, scoping and planning projects from beginning to end
- Driving the continuous improvement of our existing codebase by participating in code reviews, refactoring legacy code, and measuring code coverage and performance
- Guide and mentor junior engineers
- Ship code to production frequently
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency coding in Golang. Python a plus.
- Have demonstrable expertise working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working experience in creating Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Ability to articulate and present a solution to both technical and non technical stakeholders
- Work independently as part of a distributed team.
Desired but not Required
- Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
Archipelago is a
start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech
& finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their
belts. We are backed by Canaan, Ignition Partners, Zigg Capital, and Scale
headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, and the
Netherlands. We also have raised several millions in seed money to date and we
currently employ over a hundred fifty people across the US & Europe.