About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager, AI/ML, to help us to continue to improve and scale the machine learning that is at the core of our product. You should be fluent in the infrastructure and processes required to develop and operate machine learning models at scale.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively, across teams & timezones, and helping us define our platform culture. You’ll have significant impact, since the product & team is in its early stages. You’ll have a full team to support you, from research and design, through planning, development, deployment, delivery, and iteration.
- Lead the team that develops, integrates, and improves ML in our product
- Work alongside the Product, Design & Engineering team to help specify features
- Help manage long-term milestones and weekly engineering iterations
- Catalyze consensus from C-suite, Product, Design, Engineering and Customer Success teams
- Proactively identify delivery risks and mitigate them
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working as a Product Manager, preferably in enterprise software or data-heavy SaaS applications
- Hands-on software development experience, preferably including development and application of machine learning models
- Experience in one or more of the following: machine learning frameworks, training machine learning models, or machine learning workloads
- Solid understanding of machine learning techniques, such as linear regression, logistic regression, naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees and random forests etc and their applications to real world use cases
- You know how to communicate clearly no matter the medium: on Slack, task trackers, video calls, emails, in person, etc.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the United States, or from our headquarters in San Francisco if you prefer
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
- We offer a full benefits package, including medical/vision/dental, 401(k), work-from-home budget, etc. — depending on location
Archipelago is a Silicon Valley start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our platform enables large real estate owners, managers, brokers & insurance carriers to efficiently map their portfolio, manage their risks, and underwrite them, through a mix of machine learning and human intelligence. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several rounds of VC funding, and currently employ over eighty people across the US & Europe.