We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States, or from our office in San Francisco.)
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help us build and maintain a test automation framework to improve the confidence in our deployments. We’re a small (<20) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Build, deploy and maintain an automated test infrastructure for the Archipelago application that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies, automation frameworks and automated test cases to assess product health.
- Integrate with CI/CD pipeline to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tool set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define requirements and ensure testability
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of software development experience with a focus in testing and automation.
- Experience writing test plans, creating QA processes, and being a thought leader in quality.
- Deep familiarity with automation frameworks such as Cypress or Selenium
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Work independently as part of a distributed team.
Desired but not Required
- Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
- Experience with Go, Python, and Postgres.
- Containerization experience targeting Docker and Kubernetes.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US at this time.
Archipelago is an start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over a dozen people across the US & Europe.